Viviana Laguzzi was classically taught and developed her artistic career in the renowned Buenos Aires’ Teatro Colón.
She partook in different companies of Modern Dance and Jazz, including the prestigious Julio Boca company with which she toured the country. In 1989, along with Juan Corvalán, she begins her career as a Tango dancer. They were hired by the Mariano Mores company “El Tango”, touring all through Latin America and Europe. As representatives of the company, they were invited as a soloist couple in the most famous Argentinean television shows until 1996.
In 1992 Corvalán and Laguzzi were invited to participate in the ’92 ExpoSevilla along with the celebrated Libertad Lamarqué. In 1994, the couple was also employed by Quince Jones as Argentine representatives in the Concierto de las Américas in Miami. That same year they were appointed as coreographers and dancers in the TV special “XX Century Cambalache” for the whole ’94 season. In 1998 they were again hired as coreographers in the Salzburg Ballet Company for the making of “Un Tango de Amor – A love Tango” that was premiered that very year. The couple was the central duet in the show Tango Pasón since its creation in 1992 until 1996, creating their own choreographies for every soloist intervention in the spectacle.
Juan and Viviana toured the whole world along the Orquesta del Sexteto Mayor and were invited to the main radio and television stations in France, Germany, England, Italy and Spain among others. In 2001 they were signed up as the protagonist couple of José Libertella documentary “Con el Tango en el Corazón – With Tango in the Heart”. Along her entire career, Viviana created and designed her own wardrobe for each of her performances. Beckoned by her colleagues, she created hew own clothing line in the year 2000; which carried the name of the famed Tango “Mimí Pinzón”. In 2006, adding to her successful enterprise, she took charge of the Madreselva shoe firm, turning it into one of the most respected professional Tango shoe company. Into it, she poured all of her design expertise and knowledge of the professional dancer’s needs; making it one of the most impressive ventures in the Tango branch.
Critics Los Angeles Times
- While mostly an ensemble evening, for sheer heat, Viviana Laguzzi and Juan Corvalan -she of elegance on the hoof, he of aristocratic good looks - tore up the floor in "La Cumparsita" replete with a power struggle that saw Corvalan wipe the stage with his partner, ending in a spectacular frieze of yearning.
- Peacock Theatre, London By CLement Crisp Published: October 14 2003 18:36 | Last Updated: October 14 2003 18:36 … but confess that I have fallen especially under the spell of Viviana Laguzzi, and her ability of slice the air and the dance with a skill that matches her perfect legs. As variously loathsome events clog our world, here's an escape-tunnel dug for us - albeit temporarily - by these vastly welcome visitors.
- Dance: Tango Pasion By CLement Crisp Published: October 14 2003 18:36 | Last Updated: October 14 2003 18:36 . I admire them all hugely, but confess that I have fallen especially under the spell of Viviana Laguzzi, and her ability of slice the air and the dance with a skill that matches her perfect legs. As variously loathsome events clog our world, here's an escape-tunnel dug for us - albeit temporarily - by these vastly welcome visitors.
- Miami Coconut Grove Broadway - Longacher Theater Munich
- Deutsches Theater Washington D.C. - Wolftrap Istanbul
- Acckhava Arenal Madrid - Teatro Nuevo Apolo Frankfurt
- Frankfurter Oper Amsterdam - The Carre Theater Vienna
- Ronacher Theater Cologne - Kolner Philharmonie Brussels
- Le Palais des Beaux Arts Berlin - The Metropole Theater Paris
- Theatre des Champs Elysees Helsinki- Savoy Teateri Saint Petersburgo
- The October Theater Moskow - The Kremlin Barcelona
- Teatro Tivoli Palma de Mallorca - The AuditóriumBerlin
- Deutsche Oper Dublin - The Olympia Singapore
- Harbor Pavillion Hong Kong - Tsin Tsan Town Hall Washington D.C.
- The Warner Theater Quebec - Le Grand TheatreMontreal
- Le Theatre Saint Denis Monte Carlo - Le Stade Louis II Zurich
- Musical Theater Helsinsky - Finland Hall Lisboa
- Centro Cultural de Belem Rome - Il Sistina Athens
- The Herodian Acrópolis Roskilde - Roskilde Festival Hamburg
- Thalia Theater Epheses - The Arena Shan gay
- Grand Theater, entre otros…